Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Jail Time

Now that the jury has proved me guilty I am now being sent to a prison and will have to wait for my death sentence. I’m now thinking of making an escape, I cant take this any longer. This will probably be my last time talking to the people. If I make it out alive I will have to hide for a very long time. Hopefully someday I can get back to you people and write another blog. Now I am busy thinking about my escape plan and how to make it out alive. A black man has no respect in this town.

4 comments:

Atticus Finch said...

Tom, its Atticus. I do not believe that it is a good idea to try to escape. I think we should just keep trying to prove you innocent. Trying to escape will show the people what they want to think. That you are a bad person even though we know your not. Just wait it out, I will try my best to get you out and show that you are truly a good person who has never harmed Mayella Ewell.

Mayella Ewell said...

Tom,

I am sorry that I got you put in jail. I should have just told the truth on the stand. I was afraid that my father would get angry with me, but I am sorry and I wish I could help. I also hope your appeal goes through so you can get out of jail.

-Mayella

Calpurnia said...

Dear Mr. Tom Robinson,
I send my deepest sympathy towards you. I know you are innocent, as does every other good person in this town. I know what it's like to be treated less than everyone else because of your color. If you keep doing what your doing, Atticus can probably get you an appeal. We pray for you every sunday and your wife as well. Stay strong, we all love you.

The Life of Atticus Finch said...

Tom I do not believe that any justice was served in this desicion. I am going to try and get an appeal for you. I will do everything in my power to get you out of jail. All I need to do is convince Mayella to admit her doings. I hope to see you soon