Tuesday, March 4, 2008

After The Trial

I have just gotten back from the trial. As I sat in the chair explaining my side of the story to the people of Maycomb I knew it wasn’t convincing anyone. With the help of Atticus Finch I thought the people were convinced enough. Atticus tossed me something and I caught it with my right hand. Then he had asked me to catch something with my left hand, which was something I could not do. The reason was because of when I was little my hand got stuck in a cotton gin and all my muscles in my left hand were torn. Atticus protected me will and I was sure he proved to the people that I was not guilty of the rape of Mayella Uwell. The jury was ready to make a decision, they all agreed and I was said to be guilty. I walked out of that courtroom with my head down.

6 comments:

Mayella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mayella said...

You deserved to be proven guilty. What you did to me is no way to treat a lady. Not many belived your story in court. Everybody knows that my story is true and they belive me.

Mayella

mayella said...

The judge's decision was the correct one. You are obviously guilty, but you just do not want it to admit it. You got exactly what you deserve and Im happy with the judge's choice.

Dill said...

Hi Tom.
I'm so sorry you lost the case! Me and my friends were so sure that you were goin' to win! I just can't belive that you were found guilty. The way Mr. Gilmer was talkin' to you was not very nice. It got me so upset that I had to leave! Well I'm really sorry that you lost.
-Dill

Mollie P. said...

Tom, I believe your story 100%. You are a great man with a great heart, and I know you would never even hurt a fly. I am so sorry to hear that rotten Mayella won and REALLY sorry to hear that you lost. I know that you did not rape Mayella, and we will never forget you when you're gone. God bless you Tom Robinson. Love, Calpurnia.

Calpurnia said...

Oh Tom I am just so sorry that you were proven guilty. I believed your story and not that Mayella's story. She's dumb. I hope that you'll be okay in jail. Don't drop the soap.

Love, Calpurnia